Sunday, June 6, 2010

Shoe Confessions 1

I believe that there are 3 things women must NOT leave their house without - their wits, their lipstick, and their perfect pair of shoes.

I was never really a fashionista. Whenever I hear that word, fashionista, I always think of Dior, Versace, Prada - you know, the high end clothes and accessories. A person has to have at least 3 of these names clinging to their bodies and wear them with all the glamor they have in their souls before I can call them the "F" word. But don't get me wrong, I am not one of those girls who go gaga over these names. I actually do not see the reason behind buying a $900-pair of shoes when I can buy it for $45 in another brand. True, it may not be as glitsy, but they're still as classy and pretty.

Recently, I came to realize that my love for shoes has come to a nasty pinnacle in my life. I JUST LOVE SHOES. When I was in highschool, it was accesories. In college, bags (you wouldn't believe how many bags I owned). Then my craving for anything sparkling sizzled for about 4 years. Then it slowly emerged itself. It started from a 400-peso pair to buying P2,500. It wasn't bad, I deserved something nice. But the total number of my shoes staggered me. I am no Carrie Bradshaw, but it looks like I'm planning to be one.

I keep the shoes in their boxes. I feel like it's giving the brand respect if I keep the boxes. No biggie. But now when I look at the number of boxes I have and can't remember what's in them AND STILL THINK I don't have enough, that's where the problem begins. I actually have to avert my gaze and look at something ugly just so I wouldn't look at those beautifully-crafted shoes. Whate's worse, the mantra "I don't need these" and "The heels are too high, I'll easily trip" aren't working anymore. It's like whenever I try a pair of shoes, it always seems to magically transform itself into something I need. I imagine the clothes I'll wear with it, when, and where. Now my mantra is "Please don't have a size 8 or 9" (and when they don't I'll act disappointed but I was really relieved)

I didn't add pictures on here because it will just cause me pain to look at pictures of pretty shoes.

Who am I kidding?!?!!?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS PART:

    "A person has to have at least 3 of these names clinging to their bodies and wear them with all the glamor they have in their souls before I can call them the "F" word."

    You are so funny! I'll be home next week! Hope to see you soon.

    Reg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Regina! :)
    Thanks. I am really trying to stop loving shoes. It's a sickness girl! Help me!!! hahaha
    Welcome back! I told Carlo to ask you when you're free so we can catch up.
    Keep in touch ok?

    Nina

    ReplyDelete